Welcome to Skyline Drive! We had never heard of Kennedy Heights while searching for houses nearly 10 years ago, but when looking at a map to see what was around Oakley/Hyde Park, we noticed this little neighborhood for the first time. And we absolutely love it! Here are a few reasons why:
The BEST Location
It’s hard to find a location as central to so many good and key places in the Cincinnati area:
● 2 great parks, Daniel Drake and Kennedy Heights Park, within walking distance – both just a half mile away
● Oakley Station just 8 minutes away
● 10 minutes to Kenwood Towne Center and Rookwood Commons
● Easy and convenient access to 71 and the Norwood Lateral
● The heart of Pleasant Ridge is only a mile away – Nine Giant, Casa Figueroa, The Gas Light Cafe, Molly Malone’s and more
● You can easily be downtown in less than 15 minutes or to Kings Island in 20
● And for the best donuts around, head up Plainfield Road 5 minutes to Silverton Donut Shop. We recommend the Apple Fritter
● Kroger, Target, Trader Joe’s, Meijer, Sam’s, Aldi, Home Depot and Walmart within 2-3 mile radius
Quiet and Serene Neighborhood
We absolutely love relaxing on the front porch on a cool Fall morning or warm Summer evening. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful and it feels secluded and hidden. And if you like to run or take a walk, it’s the perfect place for both.
Neighbors are friendly and Kennedy Heights is a very diverse and welcoming community. We’ve always felt incredibly secure and safe. There’s an abundance of interesting wildlife as well. A pair of hawks regularly visit and it’s not uncommon to see deer walking down the street or munching on some grass in the front yard. We’ve even seen some foxes on occasion.
More than a House
At the closing for this property, the previous owner teared up and told us how much she had loved this house and how much she would miss it. We clearly liked the house, but now we get why she was so emotional. As we’ve been preparing to move, we’ve found ourselves reminiscing on all the ways this house has been a home. Some houses just have a certain feel or vibe and this one has it. There’s a peace that’s present. Strangely, it almost feels as if it’s always been this way. We can’t tell you how many times someone has commented that our home feels calm and peaceful. We’ve had dinner parties and birthday parties. We’ve hosted group meetings and barbecues. We’ve watched the seasons change year after year and we’ve found this to be a great home in which to build an incredible life.
Jason and Amy